Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sold on Carnitine

I posted a blog a little while ago that I would be trying L-Carnitine Tartrate after some research came out on it that it may actually be an orally bioavailable form of l-carnitine.

It has been shown in studies to decrease time to recovery as well as upregulate the androgen receptors.

I purposefully kept my diet the same and controlled these past 2 weeks to see if I could notice a difference and I do. I definitely feel like I recover much faster taking this supplement. As far as the androgen receptors go, I can't really comment given that I didn't have bloodwork done and am steroid-free.

Overall, I think the effects are worth the money (cheap). They are very subtle effects but at least carnitine works now.

Note also that I'm only taking 500mg once a day. Perhaps a higher dose would yield better results.

Here is part of the article that intrigued me enough to buy it and try it out.

http://www.raisethebarr.net/index.php?/Muscle-Growth-and-Strength-With-Carnitine-Tartrate.html

No comments: