Friday, September 5, 2008

Balls to the wall?

My old trainer and nutritionist told me something that will always stick with me. That is, "The guy that goes 90% for the rest of his life is going to have a better career in bodybuilding than the guy that goes 110% for the rest of his life."

Injuries are all too common in this sport and CNS burn out is easy to come by.

A powerlifting client of mine has a tendency to do this and plateau because of it quite a bit. It's easier than you make it out to be guys!

If you're bodybuilding, back off, go for higher reps and get a pump from time to time. That's what I've been doing lately and I'm training 5x a week with no aches and pains.

If I was training balls to the wall 5x a week right now I would've never made it past 3 weeks of this program.

The guy that said that was Shelby Starnes of Troponin Nutrition by the way.

No comments: