Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My thoughts on Skiploading (so far)

Skiploading is a precontest method of basically loading early and spilling over and then returning to your normal diet for a few days to let the water leave.

I've repeated this about 4 times now and I'm still trying to get it down. So with that said, I don't consider myself anywhere near an expert on this method - or even that experienced with it.

Overall, I think it works pretty well. I haven't been able to just stop my training after a load so I haven't seen myself dry and as full as I could be but it seems like 3 days after the load the water is completely gone.

I know Skip doesn't count his carbs on this method but I've been keeping it around 1200 just to be consistent. I learned early that getting them all from things like low fat pop tarts and fat free fig newtons left me hungry!

So I think of mix of junk and clean foods is best. I like to start with junk and then switch to clean foods in the evening before bed. By that time, I'm sick of them anyway.

Something I've noticed is that I never get the "insulin coma" that I would sometimes get on a cheat day precontest. It seems like the days between each load with zero carbs keeps my VERY insulin sensitive.

I'd like to experiment with using glucose disposal agents on this protocol. Right now I'm tinkering with the water amounts.

I love this!

No comments: