Saturday, October 25, 2008

Homecoming

So this weekend was homecoming at my school. That means a 3 day weekend. It was very much needed as I have 3 tests coming up next week.

Anyway, Homecoming at my school is a very big thing. We have the world's largest student-run pep rally with great performers from everyone like Carrot Top to Lynard Skynard. We also have a great football team that beat Kentucky in the Homecoming game 63-3! We have a parade and other festivities too.

I was quite surprised though. It didn't seem like there were more people in town than normal. During any big game (like LSU for example) there seems to be the same amount of people that come out for Homecoming.

It made me wonder just how many alumni make the trip.

And I thought to myself, I will most definitely have to make that trip at least once if for nothing more than support of my school.

No comments: