Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I grew up in California. To me, that is home.

But recently I've been to places (many places) that I'd love to call home. They just "feel" right. And the opportunites that await me there are awesome to say the least.

Because of this, I no longer feel at home in my current stomping grounds. To be honest, I don't think I ever did.

Don't get me wrong. I love Gainesville and I will be a Gator for life.

But the area and the people just don't "click" with me.

So moving to a place that feels like home with great opportunities is a no-brainer right?

But a risk is involved. In fact, it's a BIG risk but it's one that I feel to be worth it.

Andre Gide is quoted as saying, "One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."

Douglas McArthur said, "There is no security on this earth. Only opportunity."

And one of my favorites, Thoreau said "If a man is alive, there is always danger that he may die, though the danger must be allowed to be less in proportion as he is dead-and-alive to begin with. A man sits as many risks as he runs."

We'll see where God guides me.

No comments: